MSM, Glucosamine & Chondroitin Powder specifically formulated for horses
- No fillers or additives= higher strength=take less and lasts longer.
- Packaged in stand up resealable pouch which protects of MSM, Glucosamine & Chondroitin from light which may reduce MSM’s effectiveness.
- Expiry Date: 18months – 2years from purchase
This Equine MSM. Chondroitin and Glucosamine is specifically designed for horses and may improve the following conditions:
- Osteo or Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cartilage breakdown
- Fetlock, Pastern or Canon bone
- Weakness of tendons or ligaments
- Back pain
- Navicular disease
- Chronic muscle soreness
- Acute laminitis
- Digestive tract disorders
- Hoof growth problems
- Hair & Coat conditions
- MSM has been promoted as having anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties so may assist with inflammation of joints, ligaments and connective tissue.
Don’t be concerned if your MSM clumps – this is a sign of its purity (no filler or anti-clumping agents) and these lumps can be easily broken up with just a light touch.
WHAT IS GLUCOSAMINE?
Glucosamine is a natural substance produced by the body to help build and repair cartilage. As cartilage wears down over time it is necessary for the body to constantly rebuild it and for this it needs glucosamine. Sometimes the horses body isn’t able to produce the glucosamine it needs and this is when supplementation is required.
At Health Within we guarantee NO fillers or additives of any kind.
WHAT IS CHONDROITIN?
Chondroitin is a molecule that occurs naturally in horses body’s. It is a major component of cartilage — the tough, connective tissue that cushions the joints. Chondroitin helps to keep cartilage healthy by absorbing fluid (particularly water) into the connective tissue. It may also block enzymes that break down cartilage, and it provides the building blocks for the body to produce new cartilage. Chondroitin may also help horses with chronic inflammation of bone joints and connective tissue to help your horse in the reduction of pain, joint and tendon swelling. It may also increase general mobility and performance, improve skin and coast condition and increase quality of hoof growth. A number of scientific studies suggest that chondroitin may be an effective treatment for osteoarthritis (OA). OA is a type of arthritis characterized by the breakdown and eventual loss of cartilage, either due to injury or to normal wear and tear. It commonly occurs as horses age.
MSM (the abbreviation for methyl-sulfonyl-methane) is a special biological sulfur found in all plants, soils, fruits, vegetables and meats.
MSM is extremely important to horses and all other forms of life because it provides a unique dietary source of sulfur that we must have in order to function. MSM is also called Organic Sulfur. DO NOT confuse it with the toxic, inorganic medicinal sulfur compounds or sulfites used on salad bars or sulfur dioxide used on some dried fruits. These inorganic sulfur compounds are toxic and may cause allergic reactions in many people.
How Safe is MSM?
MSM is as safe as pure drinking water. Because of it’s inert nature, MSM is non-allergenic, non-pyretic and has no interfering or undesirable pharmacological effects.You cannot overdose with MSM. The body will use what it needs and after 12 hours, will flush any excess amounts out of the body, MSM will flush what the body does not retain semi-permanently every 12 hours and because it is a free radical and foreign protein scavenger, MSM cleans the blood stream, so allergies to food and pollens go away.
Suggested dosage: Start by giving your horse 6 tablespoons per day (unless a pony or small horse in which case half dosage) for the first two weeks. This is a higher amount, for the purpose of achieving higher benefits. Once an improvement is noted (generally after 2 weeks) try reducing to 3 Tablespoons per day from week 3 onward.
Please note some other brands will recommend a lesser dosage but our doses are based on veterinary interpreted scientific results of what doses are scientifically required. This product is a pure and concentrated as MSM Glucosmaine and Chondroitin come and in our opinion you will not find a better MSM Chondroitin and Glucosamine product for your horse.
Health Within make no therapeutic use claims regarding the use of this product. Therapeutic is defined by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as:
- preventing, diagnosing, curing or alleviating a disease, ailment, defect or injury in persons or animals; or
- influencing, inhibiting or modifying a physiological process in persons or animals; or
- testing the susceptibility of persons or animals to a disease or ailment; or
- influencing, controlling or preventing conception in persons; or
- testing for pregnancy in persons; or
- the replacement or modification of parts of the anatomy in persons or animals.